In this blog post, I’ll teach you how to start an online business from home on a budget. With advancement in technologies, you now have access to global market where you can promote and sell your products and services from the comfort of your home. A lot of people all over the world need your expertise on the information you already know to better their lives. If you can work from home and package it for them, you can earn money online effortlessly.
In another breadth, you can take your brick and mortar business to the internet in order to expand your market reach. As an aspiring entrepreneur or business owner, what you need to get started online is to register domain name, buy web hosting, and build a website or start a blog. The cost of starting an online business today is very affordable compared to the past.
With as little as $200 (Two Hundred Dollars), you can get a domain, purchase web hosting for 3 years in advance and subscribe to email marketing software for about 3 months in advance. This will offer you the opportunity to build your business from the ground up and make money online.
The basic steps to start an internet business are:
- Research the type of online business model you can start
- Decide on a niche market to target
- Conduct keyword research to know the type of search terms you should create unique content around
- Register a domain name and buy web hosting
- Create a blog on your domain
- Customize and optimize your blog
- Write and publish SEO articles on your blog
- Monetize your blog and its content
- Set up a mailing list to build an email list of subscribers in your market
- Build backlinks to your blog website and web pages which are targeting money keywords
- Promote your blog using various digital marketing channels
- Review your activities, improve on positive variables and scale up what is working in your business